Logistic Items To Consider
Short Term Accommodation
Furniture (Storage and purchasing)
Migration & Visa Assistance
Other Issues To Consider
- Be ruthless! Go through each room and decide what to get rid of.
- Start planning a yard sale or contact your local charities.
- Find out whether your employer is paying for any moving expenses if any
- Contact moving companies for estimates and information.
- Make an inventory of everything to be moved
- Open a bank account in your new location and change currency if necessary
- Cancel all newspapers and services at your previous location
- Contact a real estate agent in your new location so they can begin searching for your new home or rental property
- Cancel or transfer mobile and telephone numbers
- Make sure your passport is valid
- Collect everything you have loaned out and return everything you have borrowed
- Start pulling together medical and dental records
- Schedule disconnection of utilities at your old home and connection at your new one
- Make hotel and airline reservations if you need them
- Get children’s school records
- Find a cleaning service that will do a final cleaning of your home
- Transfer or close bank accounts at previous location
- Remove all jewelry and other valuables to a safety deposit box or other safe place to prevent loss during the move.
- Check into storage options for those items you cannot move immediately and may need to store temporarily
- Make back-up copies of important files on your computer before packing it up
- Separate cartons and luggage you need for personal travel
- Pack a special box with essentials you’ll need for the first few days (Make sure this box is marked ”Do not move”)
- If you have children or pets, arrange for someone to look after them during the move
- Pack cleaning materials and tools separately
- Arrange for you mail to be forwarded
- Make a final check of the entire house (basement, closets, shelves, every room)
Do You Need Assistance Or Have A Question?
Please Feel Free To Text Or
We are looking forward to serving you!